Home additions increase your square footage while raising your home’s value. Adding on is a smart way to make your home feel bigger and add more functional space, without spending thousands of dollars on a full remodel.
Your Very Own Home Addition Team
If you want to upgrade your existing home and want to consider adding to it, Mills Custom Homes can help you get the job done. All of our additions are custom-built to your specifications and in accordance with local codes. We’ll ensure that every room, nook, and cranny will be the best fit for your family’s living space needs—and with an award-winning team at your disposal, we’re confident that it will be!
Why Build a Home Addition With Us?
One of the most common reasons behind every home addition is to increase square footage. Home additions increase value and function by making it easy to add a third bathroom, create a home office, add a deck or patio, and much more. Home additions and customizations also help seniors and people with disabilities that rely solely on the ground for their mobility needs.
What makes us stand apart as a Cedar Rapids home addition contractor is our approach to customer service. Mills Custom Homes recognizes that your project is more than just a home improvement; it’s a vision to realize. From the moment you contact us, we’re committed to providing you with honest and reliable information so that you can make educated decisions about the best plan and design for your home addition. We are a team of highly skilled craftsmen that will make sure that every last detail is handled with care.
Home Addition Services Offered
If you’re looking for a professional home addition contractor in Iowa, Mills Custom Homes is the place to go. We can build your home addition exactly how you want it.
We offer home addition services such as:
- Home Addition Construction
- Sunroom Additions
- Second Floor
- Master Bedroom
- Dormer Additions
Things We Handle Other Than Design+Build
There are other factors in every home addition project. Mills Custom Homes is here to make this project as hassle-free as possible for you.
Here are some other legworks that come with home addition projects that we can handle for you:
- 3D Rendering – We create a 3D rendering of your home, so you can “walk” through it before we start building. As selections are being made, we will update the 3D model so you know what your home will look like, and can make informed decisions about your choices.
- Obtaining the necessary permits – You must have these for most residential renovations. You, the owner, shall secure and pay all construction permits and licenses necessary for the execution. But you won’t have to do it all by yourself, Mills Custom Homes will be with you every step of the way. We will guide you through the process.
- Handling all required inspections – Mills Custom Homes will make sure all inspections are completed in a timely manner so that you don’t have to worry about them while your home addition is being built.
- Finding laborers – You’ll need the right people to get the job done correctly. With Mills Custom Homes, our partners and team, members are experienced enough to get your home addition job done right the first time.
- Acquiring all the materials needed – After the planning and designing, Mills Custom Homes will get all the materials you intend to add to your home.
Consider hiring an experienced general contractor like Mills Custom Homes for your home addition project. We are well-experienced and have worked on similar projects before and will be able to estimate how much work needs to be completed and how long it will take. We can plan the building schedule around your timeline, which can also help keep your costs down.
Other things you’ll need to consider for your home addition that Mills Custom Homes can assist you with are:
- Site preparation
- Design services
- Foundation installation
- Drywall and ceilings
- Doors and Windows
- Siding and trimmings
- Roof trusses and other materials
Least Expensive Home Addition Options
Adding on to your home can be expensive. However, you can build out your house without breaking the bank. If you have an existing house and want to add more space such as a sunroom or enclosed porch, some options have less cost.
Here are some practical home addition ideas:
- A sunroom
- Outdoor space
- Enclosed porch
These options allow you to use what you already have and dodge the cost of adding foundation, walls, roof, and everything else that must be done for an add-on. With all these ideas, you can have your dream home addition without emptying your pockets.
If you’re considering a home addition project but aren’t sure where, to begin, we’re here to help. Contact Mills Custom Homes today!