If you are hunting for a new home in the Coralville, IA, area, have you considered looking at new home construction by Mills Custom Homes? We start with a floor plan designed for today’s contemporary family and create a house ready to grow with you through the years. When you add a custom build to your houses for sale list, you have the opportunity to select a home purpose-built for your kids, hobbies, cars and lifestyle.
Find the Neighborhood for You
At Mills Custom Homes, we are in the business of building new neighborhoods in Iowa. Our houses for sale are sometimes situated in blossoming areas of your community or in recently reclaimed areas on the edge of town. You have the chance to move into an established street with mature trees or one where the landscaping is waiting for you to add your personal touch.
Find the Perfect Floor Plan for Your Home
There is no need to settle for an aging farmhouse to find the right combination of open space and private rooms. We offer a wide variety of floor plans ready to be converted to your precise expectations. Our houses for sale can include:
- Open floor plans
- Three to five bedrooms
- One-, two- and three-car garages
- Traditional floor plan with separate living room
- Spacious closets
- Master bathroom suites
- Single-floor living
- In-law suites
- Private entrances for business or in-laws
- Upstairs laundry
- Connected kitchens featuring island seating
Ask us about accessible floor plans with wider staircases, ramps, lower counters and walk-in showers. If your family is still physically able but wants to plan for the future, look for a floor plan that can transfer bedrooms to the main floor with ease.
Create Your Own Unique Design Style
A new house for sale does not mean that you must pay top dollar for premium finishes. At Mills Custom Homes, you get the opportunity to select the finishes you desire without breaking your budget. There are many options available on the market that mimic the look of luxury finishes that cost a fraction and offer long-term durability.
Let’s look at some of the choices you have when you build a new home with us.
- Countertops: Granite remains desirable, but manufactured quartz can deliver the look and performance while saving you dollars. Ask about other options, such as affordable laminate and concrete, to achieve the look you want at a price that works.
- Flooring: Yes, you can have solid hardwood installed throughout the entire home that will last for the next 50 years. But you don’t have to pay for such a luxury. You can also opt for carpeting, laminate, tile or manufactured wood floors to get the design you picture in your mind.
- Lighting: This detail remains with your home for years, and you have the opportunity to select the finish to complement your decor options. Ask about upgrades for lighting over the kitchen island, under the cabinets and chandeliers in the foyer. More options include motion-activated units on the exterior of the home.
- Cabinetry: While solid wood cabinets will last for decades, you can achieve a similar look using laminates and other budget-friendly choices. Look at pre-fabricated designs for custom appearance and function without the price.
- Bathroom Fixtures: Now is your chance to upgrade the standard shower / tub to a walk-in shower or jetted soaking tub. A dual vanity can save your sanity in the morning. Or, perhaps you prefer your privacy and would like a separate room for the toilet.
- Energy-Efficient Heating and Cooling: When you work with the builder, you have the chance to opt for a high-efficiency furnace and air conditioning unit before the walls and ceiling are sealed.
Updated Materials Are A Must
Part of creating the open floor plan that is popular and desirable is using new materials and techniques. Laminated and steel beams provide the strength required to vault a ceiling while opening up your living area.
Insulation is applied before the walls are installed inside creating a more comfortable interior for you and your family. We can also insulate the basement and garage so that is ready to be used without spending extra on heating and cooling.
Newer roofing materials can extend the life and durability of your roof, which can save you big years down the road.
During the design phase, plumbing and electrical systems are designed to minimize usage of materials while optimizing performance once all the appliances are installed. Computer and entertainment systems can have wireless and wired connections completed that allow you to hide extra cords.
If the houses for sale you are considering in Iowa City are still in the planning stage, you have the opportunity to have exterior plumbing and wiring included for pools, party patios and even custom garden sheds.
Take Community Amenities into Consideration
Mills Custom Homes carefully selects the property to be developed so that when we place houses for sale on the market, they are situated near shopping centers, schools, parks and public spaces. We are familiar with all of the towns in the area and we are able to pair you with the neighborhood that best fits all of your needs.
If you want to keep your commute under control, ask us about growing neighborhoods near major highways and main streets. Those who are seeking a more rural lifestyle will find houses being built on the edge of town that feature community parks and centers for more local entertainment.
If you would like to learn more about new homes and houses for sale in the Coralville, IA, area, give us a call at Mills Custom Homes for a personalized consultation today. Together, we can create a floor plan that provides the flexibility and function that your modern family desires.